Kamisama no Iutoori

For those of you who read manga, I recommend Kamisama no Iutoori. It's not only well drawn and a really great story, but I learnt a lot of Japanese culture, legends and such from it, such as who Urashima Tarou was, what a daruma doll is and many other things that are best not spelt, in case somebody is going to read it.
Basically the story is about a boy who is living his boring everyday life, until he finds himself forced to play a Japanese version of the "Red light green light" game with deadly consequences. He has to play game after game, all traditionally Japanese, with only the rules of win or die. Psychological, action, shounen and a bit of gore, but I loved it even if I myself am not a fan of too much blood.
 
Here I will post three images that will help you understand and enjoy more the story, but beware of spoilers. The 'Daruma doll' image you may look at it when you finish the first chapter. The 'Kokeshi doll' picture must wait until the Kokeshi's game is played, and the third when Urashima Tarou does.
 
 

No comments: